The Texas Medical Center Women’s History Project seeks to document the lives of women who have made scientific contributions to the biomedical and health care fields at the Texas Medical Center. These oral histories and papers will be available for researchers at The TMC Library’s John P. McGovern Historical Collections and Research Center.
The first five interviewees are:
- Dorothy Otto, MSN, EdD, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) School of Nursing
- Dianna Milewicz, MD, PhD, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) Medical School
- Lu Ann Aday, PhD, The University of Texas School Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) School of Public Health
- Anna Steinberger, PhD, UTHealth Medical School
- Julane Hotchkiss Knobil, PhD, UTHealth Medical School
Sponsors of the first five interviews were the Faculty Wives and Women Faculty of the UTHealth Medical School, PARTNERS at the UTHealth School of Nursing, and the TMC Library.
Submissions from 2013
Interview with Lu Ann Aday, Lu Ann Aday Ph.D.
Interview with Julie Knobil, Julie Knobil M.A., Ph.D.
Interview with Dianna Milewicz, Dianna Milewicz M.D., Ph.D.
Interview with Dorothy Otto, Dorothy Otto M.S.N., Ed.D., ANEF
Interview with Anna Steinberger, Anna Steinberger Ph.D.