Submission Guidelines for UT GSBS Dissertations and Theses (Open Access)
When you post your dissertation/thesis to the HAM-TMC Library’s Digital Commons, you are making your work available for free to researchers around the world. This gives you several advantages:
- More people are able to find and read your work.
- Open-access dissertations get cited much more frequently than print or pay-per access dissertations.
- Other researchers can find your email address if they need to contact you.
- You’ll receive monthly reports telling you how often your dissertation was downloaded.
For instructions on how to write your dissertation/thesis (margins, references, fonts, etc.), consult the UT GSBS "Instructions on preparing and submitting theses and dissertations" or contact the GSBS Office of Academic Affairs, BSRB S3.8447.
To upload your dissertation/thesis, click on "Submit Dissertation/Thesis" on the right. Be sure you have the following ready:
- title, abstract, and descriptive keywords
- names of your advisor and committee members
- your dissertation/thesis in Word, WordPerfect, or PDF file. You must have the entire dissertation/thesis in one file including everything from the title page, abstract, table of contents, etc. all the way to the vita at the end.
- you need to include the signature page but it does not have to have the actual signatures on it
- supplemental files, if any. These can be in any format (PowerPoint, excel, etc.).
- digital copies of written permission statements from copyrighted sources included in your work
The process takes about 15 minutes.
You will retain the copyright to your paper and grant us the nonexclusive right to publish this material, meaning that you may also publish it elsewhere. You will be notified by e-mail when the paper is posted and you will be emailed monthly reports letting you know how many times your dissertation/thesis was downloaded.
If you are a student from a previous year and would like to add your dissertation to the collection, you can follow the same instructions as current students. Please be sure to enter in a current email address so we can contact you if we have any questions.
How to Update or Remove a Dissertation
You can request a dissertation be updated or removed from public view by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org