Author Biographical Info

Founded on September 1, 1907 as the Baptist Sanitarium, Memorial Hospital began as a two-story, wood-framed building at the end of the trolley line on Lamar and Smith. It had 17 beds and eight trained nurses on staff. It was the second general hospital established in Houston after St. Joseph Hospital which opened in 1887. It was also the second Baptist-supported hospital in the United States.

Preview

image preview

Identifier

IC103-P-588a_LL Pharm Memorial Louisiana_Lamar_sts

Publication Date(s)

1940

Language

English

Description

L&L Pharmacy near downtown, Memorial, Louisiana and Lamar in 1940. Radiology Department at Memorial Hospital. See more at Memorial Hospital Photograph Collection, and its finding aid.

Share

Image Location

 
COinS