Publication Date

6-1-2020

Journal

The Texas Heart Institute Journal

DOI

10.14503/THIJ-18-6615

PMID

32997773

Publication Date(s)

June 2020

Language

English

PMCID

PMC7529068

PubMedCentral® Posted Date

9-30-2020

PubMedCentral® Full Text Version

Post Print

Published Open-Access

yes

Keywords

Body Surface Potential Mapping, Catheter Ablation, Endocardium, Female, Follow-Up Studies, Heart Aneurysm, Heart Ventricles, Humans, Male, Middle Aged, Myocardial Infarction, Retrospective Studies, Tachycardia, Ventricular

Abstract

This retrospective study evaluated the feasibility of surgical endoepicardial linear ablation for ventricular tachycardia in patients with postinfarction left ventricular aneurysm. Sixty-four patients with multivessel coronary artery disease and left ventricular aneurysm but no mural thrombosis of the aneurysm or valve disease were treated at our institution from March 2012 through July 2015. All underwent off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting and left ventricular aneurysm repair by linear plication. Twenty-three patients (35.9%) had ventricular tachycardia and underwent surgical endoepicardial linear ablation on the beating heart guided by epicardial substrate mapping with the Carto 3 system. The remaining 41 patients (64.1%) composed the no-ablation group. The effectiveness of surgical linear ablation in the ablation group was evaluated. Safety and clinical outcomes were evaluated and compared between the groups. The ventricular tachycardia recurrence rate in the ablation group was 17.4% in the immediate postoperative period and 23.8% at last follow-up (39 ± 21 mo). Early (

Share

COinS
 
 

To view the content in your browser, please download Adobe Reader or, alternately,
you may Download the file to your hard drive.

NOTE: The latest versions of Adobe Reader do not support viewing PDF files within Firefox on Mac OS and if you are using a modern (Intel) Mac, there is no official plugin for viewing PDF files within the browser window.